About The Company
Threes Brewing is a Brooklyn-based brewery known for creating drinkable craft beers that balance complexity and simplicity, with a focus on lagers, farmhouse ales and American ales. Threes Brewing’s mission is to create good beers that you can enjoy again and again, and to make community spaces that are fun, welcoming and warm.
About The Role
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all front-of-house (FOH) operations in conjunction with the back-of-house (BOH) in the bar during opening, mid and closing shifts. Key responsibilities include managing the guest experience to ensure that it is always up to par, overseeing the quality of service and supervising the overall bar flow and experience on a shift-by-shift basis.
Being present on the floor, walking the space, checking in on private and public events, reinforcing right practices and making sure staff has the necessary support to meet their responsibilities is a large part of this job, as is making sure customers are getting good service, through product and event education, staff accessibility and general hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and assist with pre-shift set up of all open spaces. Make sure floor staff has information they need and help them meet expectations for upcoming service.
- Distribute register banks.
- Set atmosphere in the space: select playlist, adjust volume and lighting throughout shift, update signage and other informational materials.
- Make sure pre-shift meeting is held on time and help disseminate pertinent information regarding day-of happenings, menu & inventory updates, and upcoming events.
- Enforce sanitary practices for Department of Health requirements and inspections, general cleanliness and maintenance of bar, dining and storage areas.
- Oversee regular service and make sure procedures and protocols are being followed.
- Move throughout space with an eye toward informing and assisting our clientele, maintaining general cleanliness, and aiding staff in the execution of their duties as necessary.
- Observe staff and customers to ensure the safe service of alcohol.
- Assist with the set-up and breakdown of reservations, public and private events on an as-needed basis.
- When on the floor adjust and optimize guest experience to ensure all visitors are having a great time.
- Count cash drops and register banks as employees come off the floor.
- Log notes for end-of-shift report with event and service feedback, to help fine tune Threes’ processes and troubleshoot existing problems.
- Maintain awareness and expertise regarding Threes beers, as well as all other beer, wine & liquor products that are carried in-house, for the edification of staff and customers.
- Oversee and maintain specific protocols for closing event space, coffee shop, yard and main bar.